On Friday 14 February children came to school dressed in red and contributed £1 to our Heartstart school funds.
A total of £287.21 was raised for this worthwhile cause.
Through this programme, pupils learn basic first aid and lifesaving skills in a progressive programme of lesson running from primary 1-7 including: -
- Dealing with minor cuts, bruises
- Making an emergency phone call
- Recognizing a heart attack and a cardiac arrest
- Helping an unconscious person (recovery position)
- Helping someone choking
- Responding to serious bleeding.